For our location in Colorado Springs we are looking for
The Billings Specialist is responsible for a range of accounting activities relating to the general ledger, sales and reporting. This includes performing various tasks related to entering sales and purchase orders, invoicing customers, general accounting and month-end close processes, and ad hoc projects. This position assists in ensuring accounting transactions are executed in accordance with established standards of internal controls and processing
• Process contracts for software, services, hardware and
support renewals, assisting in procurement of third party
products and services, and recording of revenue and
direct cost of sales in accordance with the company’s
revenue recognition policies.
• Review Contracts to calculate total amount due from
customers taking into account any applicable discounts,
special rates, and credits, and to identify and properly
handle any non-standard contract terms in accordance
with revenue recognition policies.
• Enter sales orders for new orders, add-on sales and
projects into the company’s ERP system based on
contract terms to ensure proper billing and revenue
• Responsible for the procurement process related to third
party vendors and service providers, including issuance
of purchase orders and tracking delivery of products to
• Invoice for hardware, software, training, site surveys,
etc., ensuring the customer gets timely and accurate
• Invoice maintenance and support contract renewals.
• Process all credit requests working closely with Accounts
Receivable in the issuance of any credits.
• Participate in the month, quarter, and year-end close
process as well as audit requests.
• Work closely with sales and services teams to ensure
timely and accurate processing of orders.
• Handle follow up questions, from customers and internal
personnel. Help resolve any discrepancies or billing
errors, and update the company’s billing records
Education: Associate’s degree or equivalent work experience in accounting finance or related field.
2-3 years previous billing experience preferred.